TaskBuddy is a Flutter app that allows users to manage their tasks and projects. It provides a user-friendly interface for creating projects and tasks, as well as seamless authentication and data storage handled by Appwrite.The app features a cute mascot that adds a touch of personality to the user experience.
- User Authentication: Users can create an account, log in, and securely authenticate themselves within the app.
- Project Management: Users can create projects to organize their tasks effectively.
- Task Creation: Users can create tasks within each project, providing details such as task name, description, deadline, and priority.
- Appwrite Integration: The app leverages Appwrite as the backend service for user authentication and data storage.
- Rive Animations: The UI design of the app is enhanced with simple yet appealing Rive animations.
- Cute Mascot: The TaskBuddy app features a cute mascot that brings joy and a friendly vibe to the user experience.
TaskBuddy is a collaborative effort made possible by the following contributors:
- Nikki Eke (@nikkieke)
- Obruche Ogenechohwo (@wilfredcloud)
To run TaskBuddy on your development environment, make sure you have the following:
- Flutter SDK: Follow the official Flutter installation guide to install Flutter on your system.
- Appwrite Backend: Sign up for an Appwrite account at https://appwrite.io/ and set up your project with the required backend services.
- Flutter IDE: Use your preferred IDE such as Android Studio, Visual Studio Code, or IntelliJ IDEA with the Flutter plugin installed.
- Clone the TaskBuddy repository from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/your-username/TaskBuddy.git
- Change into the project directory:
- Install the project dependencies using Flutter:
flutter pub get
Open the project in your preferred IDE.
Run the app on a connected device or emulator:
Launch the TaskBuddy app on your device or emulator.
If you don’t have an account, tap on the “Sign Up” button to create a new account. Fill in the required information and submit the form.
If you already have an account, tap on the “Log In” button and enter your credentials to log in.
Once logged in, you will be presented with the main screen where you can see your projects and tasks.
To create a new project, tap on the add button, provide the necessary details, and tap on the “Create” button.
To create a new task, tap on a project to open it, then tap on the add button. Fill in the task details, and tap on the “Create” button.
To mark a task as completed, tap on checkbox.
To delete a task, swipe the task card to the left and tap on the delete icon.
TaskBuddy is released under the MIT License.
- TaskBuddy utilizes the power of Appwrite