A Music Player for Music Collectors and Enthusiasts.
AntiiQ as in “Antique” is an offline Android music player which started as a personal project due to my search for an open source music player with some specific features without finding one, so here we go.
- It plays audio
- Directory selection
- Customizable behavior
- Backup and restore user preferences and Playlists
- Pitch, gain and speed tweaks
- Embedded covers support
- Search functionality
- Global Selection
- Additional Sort types from the default
- Additional configurations
- Disable Equalizer/Audio Effects for unsupported devices
- Fix Storage permissions on Android 10
- Landscape mode
- Search to include results for matching Artist Names and Album Names
- Add warning dialogs for actions such as “Delete Playlist”
- UI tweaking options
- Option to show track metadata tags and other important info
- Add a toggle for showing track duration on the now-playing screen
- More Themes(Probably including user theming).
- Tag Editing: Attempted in a few different ways; app became quite heavy, while also leaving some pretty large footprints in cache and data storages.
Note: This player has been tested to be working fully on Android 13, and partially tested on a device running Android 10. Your mileage may vary and so, some feedback would be needed if any behaviour improvements would be necessary.