A small Cross-Platform Wisdom Generator, built using Flutter and a combination of external APIs.
This Wisdom Generator combines random advice from the the Internet with vaguely fitting and vaguely thought provoking stock images from the Unsplash Source API. You can also save bits of Wisdom you like in your Favorites or share them with your friends.
Purpose of Wisgen
I used this project to understand how Flutter handles communication with the web and how it implements asynchronous calls. I also got the chance to better understand how Flutter handels state and how to transfer that state over multiple classes withing the Widget Tree.
BLoC Architecture: Dependencies of Wisgen Components
BLoC Architecture: Dataflow of Wisgen Components
Used Packages ?
- flutter_bloc (for state handeling)
- http (for API calls)
- cached_network_image (for cashing images)
- flutter_launcher_icons (for easily setting the launcher icon)
- shared_preferences (for accessing shared preferences as offline storage)
- flutter_spinkit (loading animation)
- share (for sending share-intents)