Flutter App that is able to play an .mp3 song (local asset) and records the noise levels(in db) of the song and using mqtt sends the data to a Python desktop app which draws a chart/graph with the results.
- Android Studio with the latest Flutter SDK
- Python IDE (I’m using PyCharm)
- A physical device (mobile phone)
Setup and Build
- install the python paho-mqtt library using the command pip install paho-mqtt
- install the python matplotlib library using the command pip install -U matplotlib
- the flutter dependencies & permissions are already present in the pubspec.yaml/AndroidManifest.xml files and are installed using the command flutter pub get
- mqtt uses a public free broker provided by EMQ X which is based on MQTT IoT cloud platform, so you don’t need to setup anything here
- enable developer options and USB debugging on your physical device
- connect a physical device to your computer through USB
- start the Python mqtt listener
- select your device in Android Studio and run the app
- you are done!