gceditor is a client/server application for creating a persistent data of an application (config/model). It can generate json, c# files for the model which makes it very useful for c#-based applications/games.
The application is written in dart (flutter) and contains both the backend and frontend logic. The client is available as a native desktop application and a web application.
It does not require to setup any complex environment because it stores data in json files so it should fit small and medium projects.
- C#, JSON generators produce files that can be imported and parsed in c# environment as simple as
GceditorJsonParser.Parse( _getConfigText(), JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<GceditorJsonParser.JsonRoot>, new ConfigRoot() );
- All vital data types are supported, including simple types, reference types, enums, lists, sets, dictionaries
- A lot of useful helpers: Find with advanced settings, pin items, problems view.
- Possibility to undo any action.
- All generated classes are partial. They can be expanded if needed.
- Classes support inheritance.
- Clients establish socket connection with the server which guarantees high responsiveness of a client to the changes made by other clients.
- Shortcuts for git commit and push for saving the progress.
- History of made changes that can be used to reproduce the changes in other branches.
- Possibility to run the application in standalone mode – perfect for solo developers.
- Copy/paste data rows, including interacting with external spreadsheets applications via Clipboard.
- Available as both standalone application and web application (client mode only)
- Config files created by gceditor are ready to use with Unity.
- Git-friendly generated JSON and c# files
- Full set of cli arguments
- Client application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Web
- Server mode is available for Windows, Linux, macOS
Binaries from the Releases section
Latest binaries are available in Releases section here https://github.com/kennelken/gceditor_fl
From the source code
To build the application from the source code you need:
- Install flutter from https://docs.flutter.dev/get-started/install
- Build the project with the following commands from the corresponding OS:
// windows flutter config --enable-windows-desktop flutter build windows --release // linux sudo apt install clang libgtk-3-dev ninja-build -y flutter config --enable-linux-desktop flutter build linux --release // macos flutter config --enable-macos-desktop flutter build macos --release // any OS flutter build web --release