Flutter for Embedded Linux (eLinux)
- Flutter optimized for Embedded Systems
- Lightweight than Flutter desktop for Linux (Not using X11 and GTK)
- arm64/x64 devices support
- Minimal dependent libraries
- Embedded software development
- Cross-building from x64 to arm64 support
- Install/uninstall/debug to remote target devices
- Flutter plugins support
- Display backends
- Keyboard, mouse and touch inputs support
- Equivalent quality to Flutter desktops
- API compatibility with Flutter desktop for Windows and GLFW
- APIs such as MethodChannel and EventChannel are completely the same with them
If you want to know more details, see also flutter-embedded-linux.
Flutter plugins for eLinux such as video_player and camera can be found at flutter-elinux-plugins.
User documentation including quick start guides can be found at Wiki.
Welcome to this project. We welcome all your contribution and feedback. See: CONTRIBUTING.md.
$ git clone https://github.com/sony/flutter-elinux.git $ sudo mv flutter-elinux /opt/ $ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/flutter-elinux/bin
Install required tools
$ sudo apt install unzip curl clang cmake pkg-config
Run Flutter sample app in Weston
You need to install a Wayland compositor such as Weston and launch it before launching your Flutter apps. Note that if you use Weston, Weston version 8.0 or above recommended. See also: Support status
$ sudo apt install weston $ weston &
$ flutter-elinux devices 2 connected devices: eLinux (desktop) • elinux-wayland • flutter-tester • Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 5.8.0-63-generic eLinux (desktop) • elinux-x11 • flutter-tester • Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 5.8.0-63-generic
$ flutter-elinux create sample $ cd sample $ flutter-elinux run -d elinux-wayland
If you want to run your flutter app in X11, use
elinux-x11 instead of
$ flutter-elinux run -d elinux-x11
|flutter-elinux-plugins||Flutter plugins for eLinux|
|flutter-embedded-linux||eLinux embedding for Flutter|
|meta-flutter||Yocto recipes of eLinux embedding for Flutter|