Dart package to search and delete unused translations from
.arb files, for all languages, all in one go.
NOTE : This package has been developed keeping
flutter_localizationspackage in mind, which uses
.arbfiles for all translations.
# Add translations_cleaner as a dev dependency dart pub add --dev translations_cleaner # Run the command to clean all the translations flutter pub run translations_cleaner
Translations can be a very time taking process when the app starts to scale and there are a lot many translations. Hence it is a good practice to clean the translations if it is not being used. Checking for unused translations is tedious, hence this package.
translations_cleanerlooks for all the
.arbfiles located in the directory, and fetches all the translations, from all the languages.
- Then it looks for all the
- All the translation terms are looked for in these dart files
- The translations not found in the dart files are removed from the corresponding
.arbfiles, including any attributes as well
- This package currently works only for l10n achieved via
flutter_localizations, which uses
- There are other l10n packages which use
.yamlfor saving translations. These are not supported currently