Chatteroom is a chat and video call app built using Dart and Flutter with the Provider package. It provides a seamless communication experience with a variety of features to enhance your messaging and calling experience. With Chatteroom, staying connected with friends, family, and colleagues has never been easier.
- Chatting app: Send text messages to your contacts and have real-time conversations.
- Video calls: Make high-quality video calls with your contacts, allowing you to see and talk to them face-to-face.
- Search bar: Quickly search for specific contacts or messages within the app, making it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- Message deletion: Delete messages you no longer need, ensuring your chat history stays clean and clutter-free.
- Seen receipt feature: Get notified when your messages are seen by the recipients, giving you peace of mind that your messages have been received and read.
- Update profile: Customize your profile by adding details like profile picture, name, and bio, allowing others to get to know you better.
- Phone number authentication: Sign up and log in to Chatteroom using your phone number, ensuring a secure and convenient authentication process.
Technologies Used 💻
- Dart: A programming language used to build the app’s frontend using the Flutter framework.
- Flutter: A UI toolkit used to create beautiful and native-looking apps for mobile, web, and desktop platforms.
- Provider package: A state management solution that allows for efficient and scalable state management in Flutter applications.
- Firebase: A backend-as-a-service platform that provides various features, such as authentication and real-time database, to power the app’s backend functionality.
To run Chatteroom on your local machine, you’ll need to have Flutter and Dart installed. You’ll also need to set up a Firebase project to provide the necessary backend services. Follow these steps to get started:
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/helloamj/chatteroom.git
- Navigate to the project directory:
- Install the dependencies:
flutter pub get
- Set up your Firebase project and obtain the necessary configuration files (google-services.json for Android, GoogleService-Info.plist for iOS).
- Place the configuration files in the appropriate directories within the project.
- Run the app on a connected device or emulator:
Alternatively, you can download and install the Chatteroom app on your Android device by clicking the button below:
Support and Contact 📧
If you have any questions or need assistance with Chatteroom, feel free to reach out to us at [[email protected]]. Our support team is available to help you with any queries or issues you may have.
We welcome contributions from the community! If you’d like to contribute to Chatteroom, please fork the repository, make your changes, and submit a pull request. We appreciate your valuable input.
Chatteroom is licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for details.