Flutter Instagram Clone (Stream-agram)
If you’d like to learn more about this project and how the code is structured, take a look at the companion blog and video.
- Article detailing a step-by-step guide for this project.
- Video showing how to create this application from start to finish. The video follows the same steps as the blog post, and we recommend that you use both resources to make the tutorial easy to follow.
- Light and Dark themes.
- Instagram-like animations and transitions
- Sign in using different user accounts
- Add and change profile pictures
- Add photo posts to your own user feed (activities)
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to other users’ feeds
- Add comments and likes (reactions)
These are the steps to run this project locally, with your own Stream Feeds configuration.
Clone This Repository
git clone https://github.com/GetStream/flutter-instagram-clone
Create Flutter Platform Folders
Run this inside the main folder to generate platform folders.
flutter create .
Setup Image Picker Package
Add Keys and Tokens
Stream Feeds Flutter SDK
Stream-agram is built with Stream Feeds for implementing activity feeds.
- Activity Feeds Tutorial – Basic tutorials for getting started with activity feeds.
- Stream Feeds Flutter Repository – Official Flutter SDK for Stream Feeds.
- Feed Client Documentation – Detailed documentation of the Activity Feeds client.
Stream Chat Flutter SDK
If you’re interested in adding chat functionality to your Instagram clone, check out Stream Chat.
- Chat Messaging Tutorial – Basic tutorials for getting started by building a simple messaging app.
- Stream Chat Flutter repository – Official Flutter SDK for Stream Chat.
- Chat Client Documentation – Full documentation of the Chat client for requesting API calls.
- Chat UI Components Documentation and Guides – Full documentation of the Stream UI Components.
- Sample Application – Official Flutter sample chat application.
Find this repository useful? ?
Support it by joining stargazers ⭐
Copyright 2021 Stream.IO, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.