WhatsUp is a WhatsApp clone built with Flutter and Firebase. It aims to replicate some of its core features but its main purpose is to showcase how easy it is to build real-time applications with Flutter and Firebase.
- Phone Authentication 📲: Users can register their phone number and receive an OTP (One-Time Password) for verification.
- Light / Dark Theme 🌞🌚: You can switch between light and dark theme after you registered.
- Contacts Display 📒: Users can see their contacts who are already using the app.
- Real-time messaging 💬 ⚡: Clients can communicate each other in real time.
- Chat features 💬📷🎙️: Clients can send and receive text , images, videos and voice messages.
- Online / Offline Status 🟢🔴: Clients can see other users online or offline status.
- Read / Unread Messages ☑️👀: Clients can see if other users have read their messages.
- Message Replies ↩️: You can reply to specific messages in a conversation, facilitating threaded discussions.
- Emoji Support 😉: Users can send emojis in their messages using a built-in emoji picker.
- Group Chat 👥: Users can create groups and select the members.
- Status / Stories 📷: Users can post status updates and view the status of other users.
- Video calls 📹🤳: Users can make video calls to their contacts.
- Call History 📞: Users can see their call history, who they called and who called them.
- Real-time updates ⚡: All of the above features are updated in real-time as they happen, and synced across devices.
Here are some screenshots of the app.
|Splash Screen||Phone Authentication||OTP Verification|
|Create Profile||Chats||Chats Light Theme|
|Chat||Chat Reply||Chat Light Theme|
|Create Group||Create Group Light||Status Page|
|Status Writer||Status Viewer||Status Updates|
|Recent Calls||Recent Calls Light||Receiving Calls|