Location Sharing App
This is a mobile application to share your realtime location with GPS tracking and stay connected with your friends, families and co-workers.
It is built using Flutter with Firebase and Firestore to handle the authentication of users and data management.
Using the APK
- The pre-built .apk file for the app can be downloaded here.
- Open the file in your android device. If prompted, open using
Google Driveand then
- Give necessary permissions to start the installation and start using the application.
If you face an error of missing dependencies, try running
flutter pub get.
Live Location Sharing between members of a group using Location Markers on Google Maps.
Form multiple groups with your friends or family easily and share your location with each other.
Users can login either by creating an account or sign-in using their Google accounts as well.
Users have an option to edit their name and profile picture after creating an account.
How the Location Sharing Works?
- The device gets its continous location updates from GPS using the Google Maps API.
- Location data for the user is updated in their respective firestore documents, and subsequently in the group documents.
- Other devices sharing goups with the first user read that firebase firestore document and show the marker in the stored location.