Instagram Clone (Both frontend and backend) created with Flutter and Firebase.
This repository is still under development and I will continue to add more features to it.
- Custom photo feed based on who you follow
- Post photo posts from camera or gallery
- Like posts
- View all likes on a post
- Comment on posts
- View all comments on a post
- Like posts
- Search for users
- Search screen showing all images except your own
- Search based on usernames
- Profile Screen
- Follow / Unfollow Users
- Change image view from grid layout to feed layout
- Edit profile
- Chat Screen
- Chat with any user
- Share images while chatting
2. Clone the repo
$ git clone https://github.com/mohak1283/Instagram-Clone $ cd Instagram-Clone/
3. Setup the firebase app
- You'll need to create a Firebase instance. Follow the instructions at
- Once your Firebase instance is created, you'll need to enable anonymous authentication.
- Go to the Firebase Console for your new instance.
- Click "Authentication" in the left-hand menu
- Click the "sign-in method" tab
- Click "Google" and enable it
- Enable the Firebase Database
- Go to the Firebase Console
- Click "Database" in the left-hand menu
- Click the Cloudstore "Create Database" button
- Select "Start in test mode" and "Enable"
- (skip if not running on Android)
- Create an app within your Firebase instance for Android, with package name com.mohak.instagram
- Run the following command to get your SHA-1 key:
keytool -exportcert -list -v \ -alias androiddebugkey -keystore ~/.android/debug.keystore
- In the Firebase console, in the settings of your Android app, add your SHA-1 key by clicking "Add Fingerprint".
- Follow instructions to download google-services.json
- (skip if not running on iOS)
- Create an app within your Firebase instance for iOS, with your app package name
- Follow instructions to download GoogleService-Info.plist
- Open XCode, right click the Runner folder, select the "Add Files to 'Runner'" menu, and select the GoogleService-Info.plist file to add it to /ios/Runner in XCode
- Open /ios/Runner/Info.plist in a text editor. Locate the CFBundleURLSchemes key. The second item in the array value of this key is specific to the Firebase instance. Replace it with the value for REVERSED_CLIENT_ID from GoogleService-Info.plist
Double check install instructions for both
- Google Auth Plugin
- Firestore Plugin
- Notificaitons for likes, comments, follows, etc
- Caching of Profiles, Images, Etc.
- Filters support for images
- Videos support
- Custom Camera Implementation
- Heart Animation when liking image
- Delete Posts
- Send post to chats
Subscribe to Flutter Awesome
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox