A working Instagram clone written in Flutter using Firebase / Firestore.
- Custom photo feed based on who you follow (using firebase cloud functions)
- Post photo posts from camera or gallery
- Like posts
- Comment on posts
- View all comments on a post
- Search for users
- Profile Pages
- Follow / Unfollow Users
- Change image view from grid layout to feed layout
- Add your own bio
- Activity Feed showing recent likes / comments of your posts + new followers
2. Clone the repo
$ git clone https://github.com/mdanics/fluttergram.git $ cd fluttergram/
3. Setup the firebase app
- You'll need to create a Firebase instance. Follow the instructions at https://console.firebase.google.com.
- Once your Firebase instance is created, you'll need to enable anonymous authentication.
- Go to the Firebase Console for your new instance.
- Click "Authentication" in the left-hand menu
- Click the "sign-in method" tab
- Click "Google" and enable it
- Create Cloud Functions (to make the Feed work)
- Create a new firebase project with
- Copy this project's
functions/lib/index.jsto your firebase project's
- Push the function
firebase deploy --only functionsIn the output, you'll see the getFeed URL, copy that.
- Replace the url in the
upload_page.dartwith your cloud function url from the previous step.
- Enable the Firebase Database
- Go to the Firebase Console
- Click "Database" in the left-hand menu
- Click the Cloudstore "Create Database" button
- Select "Start in test mode" and "Enable"
- (skip if not running on Android)
- Create an app within your Firebase instance for Android, with package name com.yourcompany.news
- Run the following command to get your SHA-1 key:
keytool -exportcert -list -v \ -alias androiddebugkey -keystore ~/.android/debug.keystore
- In the Firebase console, in the settings of your Android app, add your SHA-1 key by clicking "Add Fingerprint".
- Follow instructions to download google-services.json
- (skip if not running on iOS)
- Create an app within your Firebase instance for iOS, with your app package name
- Follow instructions to download GoogleService-Info.plist
- Open XCode, right click the Runner folder, select the "Add Files to 'Runner'" menu, and select the GoogleService-Info.plist file to add it to /ios/Runner in XCode
- Open /ios/Runner/Info.plist in a text editor. Locate the CFBundleURLSchemes key. The second item in the array value of this key is specific to the Firebase instance. Replace it with the value for REVERSED_CLIENT_ID from GoogleService-Info.plist
Double check install instructions for both
- Google Auth Plugin
- Firestore Plugin
- [ ] Improve Caching of Profiles, Images, Etc.
- [ ] Better post creation, add filters to your image
- [ ] Custom Camera Implementation
- [ ] Animations (heart when liking image)
- [ ] Firebase Security Rules
- [ ] Delete Posts
- [ ] Registration without Google SignIn
- [ ] Direct Messaging
- [ ] Stories
- [ ] Clean up code